Supporters of Israel have condemned the vile, lie-riddled attack upon Israel delivered by Palestinian Authority (PA) dictator (hasn’t held elections in 9 years) Mahmoud Abbas in his address to the United Nations General Assembly, in which he falsely accused Israel of conducting a “war of genocide,” war crimes, labeled Israel a “racist occupying state,” referred to the “colonial, racist Israeli occupation” and compared Israel to Apartheid and Nazism.
The following is an analysis of key passages in Abbas UN speech, with commentary appended to each:
- “… In this year, proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly as the International Year of Solidarity with the Palestinian people, Israel has chosen to make it a year of a new war of genocide perpetrated against the Palestinian people…” [Abbas’ obscene description of Israel’s entirely legitimate military operations in Gaza to stop the Hamas’ war crimes — the indiscriminate rocket attacks upon Israeli civilians and the use of terror tunnels designed for Mumbai-like, mass-casualty terror attacks upon Israel — as “genocide” is a falsehood rightly condemned in many quarters, including by the Obama Administration. It is also the height of hypocrisy, given that Abbas’ Fatah/PA, just prior to the recent Gaza war, concluded a unity regime with Hamas, the U.S.- and European Union-listed terrorist group that calls in its Charter for the destruction of Israel and the global murder of Jews].
- … the historic injustice inflicted on the Palestinian people in Al-Nakba of 1948, the occupying power has chosen to defy the entire world by launching its war on Gaza…” [By speaking of the naqba of 1948, Abbas is using the lie that Israel’s establishment resulted in the displacement and dispersal of Palestinian Arabs. In fact, it was the war launched upon Israel and indeed upon the Jews of the British Mandate of Palestine even prior to Israel’s creation in May 1948 by the Palestinian Arabs and neighboring Arab states that resulted in the Palestinian Arab refugee problem. Abbas, like the Palestinian Arab movement as a whole, takes no responsibility for the war of aggression launched and lost in 1948 and indicates thereby that the Palestinian Arabs do not mourn the ill-conceived attempt to destroy Israel, they only mourn that they failed, which in turn disclose that they have never ceased to work for the elimination of Israel].
- ” … the third war waged by the racist occupying State in five years against Gaza, this small, densely-populated and precious part of our country. The difference today is that the scale of this genocidal crime is larger … This last war against Gaza was a series of absolute war crimes carried out before the eyes and ears of the entire world.” [The Gaza wars of 2008-9, 2012 and 2014 all stemmed from mounting rocket and mortar assaults on Israel from Gaza, which Israel left entirely in 2005, but which has, since 2007, been the base of Hamas operations to attack Israel. To describe these wars as genocidal only shows Abbas to be a deceitful, venomous and disreputable figure, none of which is surprising when one recalls that he is also a the author of a work of Holocaust denial].
- “In the name of Palestine and its people, I affirm here today: we will not forget and we will not forgive, and we will not allow war criminals to escape punishment.” [This can only mean that Abbas and the PA do not intend to make peace; to the contrary, they intend to pursue further offensives against Israel in addition to Abbas’ obscene verbal one, via international organizations].
- “I affirm that our grief, trauma and anger will not for one moment make us abandon our humanity, our values and our ethics.” [To what ethics might Abbas be referring? Glorifying Jew-killing terrorists? Demanding the release of Jew-killers? Lying about the Jewish connection to Israel? Raising children to be suicide bombers?]
- “We engaged in this endeavor [the U.S. brokered negotiations] with open minds, in good faith and with a positive spirit and engaged with the efforts of the American administration in the most constructive manner, and we put forth our firm positions based on the resolutions of international legitimacy, which receive the overwhelming support of the nations of the world. And, we genuinely respected all of our commitments and understandings.” [The PA has made not a single concession, while continuing unabated with its glorification of terrorists, incitement to hatred and murder, denial of Jewish history in Israel, non-acceptance of Israel as a Jewish state and publicly stating that a future Palestinian state will never allow Jews. The PA has refused without counter-offer U.S. and Israeli offers of Palestinian statehood throughout virtually the whole of Judea/Samaria, all of Gaza and half of Jerusalem in 2000 and again in 2008. Abbas’ PA has refused negotiations throughout virtually the entire five and half years of the Obama presidency. Last year, it insisted that Israel free convicted Jew-killing terrorists — itself pro-terror, anti-peace demand — before it would even meet Israel at the negotiating table]. The PA has avoided making peace, negotiating, or reforming Palestinian society to accept a genuine peace at every stage since the 1993 Oslo accords].
A link to the original article may be found here.