A pre-Purim school party almost turned tragic for a boy in Yerushalayim who dressed up as a pushkah. The boy began swallowing shekel coins – coins that he had with him to complete his tzedakah box costume – when he was spotted by a rebbi, who immediately began tapping him on the back.
One coin shot out of the boy’s mouth like a slot machine. He then began coughing and vomiting, and was taken to the hospital, where doctors found another coin trapped in his lungs. He was rushed into emergency surgery.
Dr. David Zlotnik, who treated the boy, said that if he hadn’t made it to the hospital on time, “this story could have ended with a tragedy.”
David Steger – Matzav.com Israel