Prime Minister Theresa May’s office said on Sunday there had been no change to plans for U.S. President Donald Trump’s to come to Britain on a state visit, after the Guardian newspaper reported the trip had been postponed.
The paper, citing an unidentified adviser at May’s Downing Street office who was in the room at the time, reported Trump had told May by telephone in recent weeks that he did not want to come if there were likely to be large-scale protests.
The White House also denied the Guardian report, with an administration official telling Reuters, “The subject never came up on the call.”
No date has been set for the visit, which was agreed during May’s visit to Washington in January, but British media had reported it was planned for October. Read more at Economic Times.