By Rabbi Yitzchok Fingerer
The sha’ilos I’ve received are hair-raising, shocking and sad.
The Yetzer Hara is out of control. Yidden from every background, spanning the entire gamut, from Chassidish to Yeshivish to Modern to secular are facing unparalleled temptation. The Yetzer Hara has cast its tentacles wide and is ravaging and consuming the finest in Klal Yisroel.
What is going on? Why is this happening now?
It is mentioned in Sifrei Kabbalah that our entire generation may be a Gilgal of a past generation, such as the generation that lived at the close of the first Beis Hamikdash, which succumbed to unprecedented immoral sins. As the last generation before the rebuilding of the Beis Hamikdash, it is critical for us to rectify these sins and to maintain our moral purity. The Arizal taught that if one has an uncanny desire for a particular aveirah, it is obvious that this is the sin that the person was brought to this world for tikun. He must exert himself not to cave in to the desire.
Rav Chaim Vital said that a single mitzvah performed by the smallest and most spiritually compromised person in our generation will outshine and surpass the most monumental mitzvah performed by the holiest person of previous generations.
According to the Chidushei Harim, a person from our generation who doesn’t give into temptation or capitulate to the Yetzer Hara, brings the greatest simcha to Hashem, more so than any past generation.
When Chaim, an accountant, from East 23rd street in Flatbush, does the Ratzon Hashem, despite his burgeoning Yetzer Harah, it is more powerful than Moshe Rabbeinu bringing down the Luchos.
We are not a simple generation
We seem to be a puny and often unholy people. Yet, our generation is living in the most spectacular of times. A generation, surrounded and inundated with unbridled promiscuity and licentiousness, is about to wittness miracles and wonders that our holiest ancestors only dreamt of.
Rav Chaim Kanievsky reiterated numerous times that Moshiach is already here, waiting to reveal himself. For reasons unbeknownst to us, our generation was chosen by Hashem to bring the Geulah and witness Moshiach. It may be unfathomable and inexplicable but there is something exceedingly unique, extraordinary and holy about each and every one of us.
Stay strong! Don’t capitulate to temptation! You will bring the Geulah!
We are at the threshhold of Moshiach and are witnessing age old prophecies enfold before our very eyes. What seems to be politics, natural order or the whims and foibles of world leaders is in actuality the Yad Hashem, orchestrating and manipulating the course of history to bring the prophecies to fruition.
The following sampling of prophecies enfolding are based on sources in Navi, Gemara, Medrash, Zohar, Ramban, Rabbeinu Bechaya, Abarbanel, Arizal, Ohr HaChaim, etc.
1. There will be a resurgence and revival of Islam in the world. Islam will become the fastest growing religion.
2. The deep Sunni and Shiite split will intensify and cause violence. The Sunni nations will forge an allegiance with America.
3. Astonishingly, radical Islam will be led by non Arab countries, Iran and Turkey.
4. Iran will be the greatest threat to peace and be the leading supporter of terror.
5. Eretz Yisroel will be the nexus of a world war and be severely threatened. The people residing in Eretz Yisroel will have tremendous trepidation and palpable fear. However, with Hashem’s help, they will be saved.
6. The great war will be a show down between Iran and America.
5. America and the Christian Right will strongly come to the defense of Israel. The Christian right will rectify the past misdeeds of their ancestors and champion the rights of the Jewish people. These Christians will ultimately realize the One G-d and be present for Moshiach.
6. The mostly Catholic European Countries (i.e. European Union) will defy America and have a confederacy with Islamists. They will support Iran and other enemies to the detriment of Israel.
7. The Christian leader of the free world will rectify the heinous sin of destroying the second Beis Hamikdash and be the Koresh of his day, restoring the glory of Yerushalayim and precipitating Moshiach’s arrival.
We are so close to the coming of Moshiach.
The Baal Shem Tov says that Moshiach will catch us by surprise. No one wants to greet Moshiach with his “hand caught stealing the cookie from the cookie jar.” We want to greet Moshiach with pure minds and clean souls.
Let’s double down and strengthen ourselves.
Stop just going through the motions.
Become FFC (Frum From Choice) and not Frum From Birth (FFB).
Get a Rebbi who loves you.
Feel connected to Hashem. Daven in a shul that gives you inspiration.
Connect to the Divine. Learn Torah. Finish as many Mesechtos as possible.
Involve yourself in Chesed and Kiruv.
Be there for others who are struggling.
Make sure to have all internet filtered in your home and office.
We are the greatest generation to ever live!
May everyone achieve their Tikun and may we be zoche to see the glorious days of Moshiach, B’Karov Mamash!
Rav Yitzchok Fingerer is Mora D’Asra of BJX Beis HaMedrash and the BJX Kiruv Centers and author of several seforim, most recently Strengthen Your Emunah (Feldheim). He may be reached via the BJX office: firstname.lastname@example.org.