Democrat Hikind In Open Letter To Schumer: The GOP Has My Vote

12

Assemblyman Dov Hikind (D, Brooklyn) said he recently received a mailer from fellow Democrat, Senator Charles Schumer asking for contributions. The letter was riddled with attacks on the “hard right” but omitted vital information. In an open letter to Schumer, Hikind filled in the blanks.

“Senator Schumer, in your letter you promise to fight for Democratic values and go on at great length to fully villainize the current administration, but you left out certain facts that my fellow Democrats, to say nothing of all Americans, should also be aware of.

“You forgot to tell us about the economy. As good as it’s been, economists expect even more growth through the end of the year. That’s very good news, Senator.

“You forgot to tell us about unemployment, which is lower than it has been in decades, while economic confidence is at a 17-year high. It’s also at a record low for minorities. That’s very good news, Senator.

“You forgot to tell us how the U.S. is beginning to emerge in energy dominance. The Department of Interior, which has led the way in cutting regulations, opened plans to lease 77 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico for oil and gas drilling, decreasing our reliance on foreign oil. That’s very good news, Senator.

“You forgot to tell us about the most remarkable relationship between the United States and our ally Israel ever. Or about moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, which you yourself applauded.

“You forgot to tell us about the successful dismantling of the Iran Deal—a deal which you yourself opposed and knew threatened the rest of the world by making it easier for Iran, the leading supporter of world terrorism, to develop nuclear weapons.

“You forgot to tell us that the Trump administration is against the harmful reverse-discrimination criteria in universities that would so badly hurt the children from hard-working Asian families. So much for the big tent, Senator.

“You forgot to tell us about a potential peace with a denuclearized North Korea.

“You forgot to tell us about tax cuts. I’m part of the middle class and now I’m getting a little extra in my paycheck. I’m happy about that and so are tens of millions of Americans, Senator.

“You ask for a contribution, but the Democratic Party—which I am a lifelong member of—is currently betraying the ideals that our party once stood for: American values. You yourself proposed that Representative Ellison head the party, but you must surely know that Ellison has stood with our nation’s leading hate monger Louis Farrakhan.

“Senator Schumer, as a fellow Democrat, I ask you to work to restore sanity and honesty to our party so I can feel good about supporting it fully. Until then, I’m afraid the Republicans have my support.”

{Matzav.com}

12 COMMENTS

  1. Kol Hakavod Mr. Hikind. I take my hat off for you for the excellent response you sent the Crook. Thank you in the name of all Good Americans.

  2. Mr hikind the Democratic Party supported you for years.and now we need you more. Where is your hakaret hatova? NU? The book of psalms says don’t put your trust in Princes and now you are doing that.
    Enjoy ur retirement. Learn psalms.

  3. Someone with the guts to say it as it is I am momentarily impressed
    The democRATS have given up all pretense of wanting to do what is good for the country and are simply looking to control everything so they can do what they want and use OUR government to punish anyone who tries to stop them. Corruption in the worst way most of us would be in jail if we did one percent of what these scum have done

  4. Dov don’t be afraid. It’s about time you come over to our side. We republican are happy To have you. Like you said the dems are insane.

  5. Thank you Dov. Keep speaking out.
    Kudos to Simcha Felder as well, for not folding like a cheap camera in the face of the political threats he’s been receiving from the corrupt Democrat party.

  6. Regarding unemployment, the Bureau of Labor Statistics publishes many charts and figures relating to employment. One is the Series title: (Seas) Labor Force Participation Rate
    Which shows that the participation rate of the labor force 16 years and over is approximately 63%, leaving unemployment at 37%.
    The participation rate has dipped from nearly 67% to 63% over 14 years. Unemployment doesn’t included underemployed or those who gave up looking for work, or those paid off the books

  7. I hope the new guy taking over does not fold to the democratic machine. Too many machete supported hillarey. Only the man in the street voted trump

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here