Every year, the aviation insights company FlightStats puts together a list of the international airlines with the best and worst on-time performance records.
Traveller.com reports that Israel’s flagship carrier El Al leads FlightStats’ list of the world 10 worst airlines for 2016, released yesterday. Fly El Al and you have a 56 percent chance of taking off late.
The best airline is KLM of the Netherlands, with only an 11.47 percent chance.
Here is the full list:
The Worst 10 International Airlines of 2016
- 10. Hainan Airlines: 30.3 per cent
- 9. Korean Air : 31.74 per cent
- 8. Air China: 32.73 per cent
- 7. Hong Kong Airlines: 33.42 per cent
- 6. China Eastern Airlines 35.8 per cent
- 5. Asiana Airlines 37.46 per cent
- 4. Philippine Airlines 38.33 per cent
- 3. Air India 38.71 per cent
- 2. Icelandair 41.05 per cent
- 1. El Al 56 per cent