A fire destroyed five summer bungalows at Camp Shira on Norris Road early Thursday morning of Chol Hamoed, the Times Herald Record reports.
Capt. Mike Bastone of the Monticello Fire Department said that the fire began in an unoccupied bungalow and spread due to heavy wind to four nearby bungalows. The fire was under control in about an hour.
The fire – believed to be electrical in nature, started by wires taken down by wind – is under investigation by the Monticello Fire Department and the Sullivan County Bureau of Fire.
There were no injuries.