Judge Dismisses ‘Clock Boy’ Lawsuit Saying The School Didn’t Discriminate

1

A federal judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by Ahmed Mohamed’s father, saying the family will not get a payout from the city of Irving, Texas or the school district for the ‘clock boy’ scandal, DailyMail.com has learned.

On September 14, 2015, 14-year-old Ahmed gained national attention when his high school teacher suspected he brought a bomb to school.

Later that day, the teacher called the police who arrested Ahmed at MacArthur High School.  Ahmed’s father, Mohamed Mohamed, claimed the officers were overly forceful in pulling him from his chair. He says they yanked his arms up and behind his back so far that his right hand touched the back of his neck.

Ahmed was booked, finger printed, interrogated and had his mugshot taken for the offense of a ‘hoax bomb’. The charges were later dropped.

Mohamed’s complaint also said Irving Independent School District has an ‘ugly history of race struggles,’ and the State of Texas and the IISD have a ‘history of discrimination against Muslims in Texas curriculum and schools.’

Prior to filing the most recent lawsuit, the family demanded $15 million dollars in damages in the months after the arrest.

The ruling said the suit had: ‘Absent allegations of intentional discrimination, or allegations from which the court can reasonably infer intentional discrimination, Plaintiff fails to allege an equal protection violation against the IISD.’  Read more at DailyMail.

{Matzav}

 

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here