Man Sets Off Firework on His Head, Dies

1

fireworksA 22-year-old Maine man died on the Fourth of July after igniting a fireworks mortar tube atop his head, officials said Sunday.

The explosion caused a fatal head injury that killed Devon Staples, according to Stephen McCausland, a spokesman for the Maine Department of Public Safety.

Staples had been drinking and his death is the first attributed to fireworks since they became legal in Maine in 2012, McCausland said. Read more at WMUR 9.

{CB Frommer-Matzav.com Newscenter}

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here