Mattis: Clearly Assad ‘Did Not Get The Message’ With Strikes Last Year

6

Defense Secretary James Mattis on Friday defended President Trump’s decision to launch military strikes on Syria, saying Syrian President Bashar Assad “did not get the message” to cease the use of chemical weapons after a U.S. strike last year.

“Clearly the Assad regime did not get the message last year,” Mattis told reporters in a press briefing at the Pentagon. “This time our allies and we have struck harder.”

“Together we have sent a clear message to Assad and his murderous lieutenants that they should not perpetrate another chemical weapons attack, for which they will be held accountable.”

 

Read more at The Hill.

{Matzav.com}

6 COMMENTS

  1. Mattis retired from the Marine Corps in 2013. Why do you picture him in military uniform? As Secretary of Defense, he is a civilian.

  2. Whom are you fooling? There’s no evidence according to the doctors in hospitals that chemical weapons was used and neither is there any evidence according to investigation.

  3. 3 days ago, according to Military news, Jim Mattis said “Currently, the U.S. and its allies “don’t have evidence” that the Syrian regime carried out the attack last Saturday in the Damascus suburb of Douma that reportedly killed at least 40, Mattis said.”
    Who’s threatening him that he needed to change his version?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here