Charging your cell phone under your pillow is just now a good idea.
New York police shared photos on Twitter illustrating why this is so.
The photos tweeted by the New York Police Department’s 33rd Precinct show a scorched pillow, a bed with a burn mark and a completely destroyed Samsung phone, UPI reports.
The post said the phone was plugged into a charger while underneath the pillow when it overheated and caught fire.
The incident took place in the Washington Heights neighborhood of Manhattan.
“Don’t put your cellphone under a pillow when sleeping or when charging your device. Please share this tip and b safe!” the tweet read.