Rebbi’s House in Woodmere Burns Down, Yidden Seek to Help

6

fireWoodmere, NY – A house fire has left a local rebbi and his family temporarily homeless and fellow Yidden are ┬áis seeking help from the community.

The house of Rabbi Yitzi Ross and his family at 1031 Dartmouth Lane in Woodmere burnt down on Tuesday.

Hewlett Fire Department responded to the fire that began at 4:40 p.m. Lawrence-Cedarhurst Fire Department also responded to the scene.

Rabbi Ross, a rebbi at Yeshiva Toras Chaim of South Shore in Hewlett, his wife, who is expected to give birth very soon, and their five children are currently without a home.

To help, Rabbi Dovid Kramer is collecting furniture, linens and cooking utensils for the family. He can be contacted at (516) 374-7363 ext. 11 or rdkramer@yoss.org.

{LI Herald/Matzav.com Newscenter}

6 COMMENTS

  1. Written by Rabbi Ross:

    To Whom It May Concern:
    Words cannot possibly express how much the outpouring of caring and love has meant to us and our family. Although the fire destroyed our memories, Baruch Hashem we have a healthy family and we will create new memories. There are some facts that require clarification and if you would forward this E-mail on, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to our wonderful friends and family, we were never homeless. Thank you so very much, but we do not require linen (used or otherwise), pots or pans, clothing, furniture, or mattresses. If you would like to donate money, Chai Lifeline is an organization that helps families in crisis and you can Click Here to help support their wonderful cause. Baruch Hashem we had a mortgage (a pretty big one J) and therefore had home insurance as required by law. All we ask now is that you join us in thanking Hashem for letting us stay healthy, and that you please please make sure that you have smoke detectors in your bedrooms!

    P.S. Please ask any website to take down every inaccurate article pertaining to this. Thanks!

  2. Message from Rabbi Ross:
    To Whom It May Concern:
    Words cannot possibly express how much the outpouring of caring and love has meant to us and our family. Although the fire destroyed our memories, Baruch Hashem we have a healthy family and we will create new memories. There are some facts that require clarification and if you would forward this E-mail on, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to our wonderful friends and family, we were never homeless. Thank you so very much, but we do not require linen (used or otherwise), pots or pans, clothing, furniture, or mattresses. If you would like to donate money, Chai Lifeline is an organization that helps families in crisis and you can Click Here to help support their wonderful cause. Baruch Hashem we had a mortgage (a pretty big one J) and therefore had home insurance as required by law. All we ask now is that you join us in thanking Hashem for letting us stay healthy, and that you please please make sure that you have smoke detectors in your bedrooms!

    P.S. Please ask any website to take down every inaccurate article pertaining to this. Thanks!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here