Rav Meir Horowitz of Dzikov (Tarnobrzeg), author of Imrei Noam, grandson of Rav Naftali, the Ropshitzer Rov. One of his sons, R’ Tuvia Horowitz, was Rav of Majdan. Another son, Ravi Aharon
Horowitz, married Fradel, a daughter of the Divrei Chaim of Sanz in 1878. (1819-1877)
Rav Chaim Mashash, author of the Nishmas Chaim
Rav Eliyahu Mani of Chevron (1899). An associate of the Ben Ish Hai in Baghdad, Rav Eliyahu moved to Eretz Yisrael and became the Head Rabbi of the jewish community in Chevron.
Today in History - 8 Tammuz
· Jews expelled from Genoa, 1567.
· Pogrom in Bialystok, 1903.
· The United States declared war against Britain, 1812
· Camp Dovid Summit where Prime Minister Barak was pressured by the U.S. to give the Old City to the Palestinians, 2000. President Clinton and PM Barak blame Arafat for the failure to strike a deal.
· Queen-Mother of Spain, Maria Christina, abolished the Inquisition, 1834
(Yahrtzeits licensed to Matzav.com by Manny Saltiel and Anshe.org/Matzav.com Newscenter}