Rav Avraham Hakohen Rappaort Shrentzel, Rosh Yeshivas Chevron (1584-1651). As a youth, he learned under Rav Meshulam Feivush, the Rav of Cracow. He married the daughter of Reb Mordechai Shrentzel of Lemberg and continued his studies under Rav Yehoshua Falk in that city. He founded a yeshiva and taught there for 42 years. He authored Shailos Uteshuvas Eissan HaEzrachi.
Rav Yisachar Dov Ber, the “Saba Kadisha” of Radushitcz (Radoszyce; Radoshitz), (1765-1843). A disciple of Rav Yaakov Yitzchak, the Chozeh of Lublin, and Rav Yaakov Yitzchak of P’shischa.
Rav Yerucham Levovitz, mashgiach Yeshivas Mir (1936). Jews first began to settle in the town of Mir early in the 17th century, but the town itself is mentioned in records for 1345. There were over 800 Jews in Mir by 1806. By the end of the 19th century, there were more than 3,000 Jews in Mir (62% of the town population). The Mir Yeshiva was founded in 1815. During WWI the Mir Yeshiva headed by Rav Eliezer Yehuda Finkel, moved to Poltava, in the Ukraine and did not return until 1921. Reb Yerucham was born around the year 1874 in Luban, Belarus. In his teens, he went to learn in Slabodka, becoming one of the top students of the Alter, Rav Nosson Tzvi Finkel. In his early 20s, he attended Kelm, under Rav Simcha Zissel Ziv. After Reb Yerucham’s marriage, he learned in seclusion for eight years, covering the entire Shas. Then he became the mashgiach of the Chafetz Chaim’ s yeshiva in Radin. He became mashgiach at Mir in 1910, a position he kept for 26 years. Among his talmidim were Rav Shimon Schwab and Rav Dovid Povarsky, who later became rosh yeshiva of Ponevezh. His shmuessen were published posthumously by his students, in Daas Chochma U’mussar, Daas Torah and other sefarim.
Rav Yaakov Elimelech and Rav Chaim Menachem Mendel Paneth of Dezsh (1944)
Rav Moshe Mordechai Shteger, author of Meged Shamayim, a peyrush on Pri Megadim on Yoreh Deah. (1944)
Rav Avraham Yosef Pesachovitz, author of Be’er Mayim (1953)
Rav Aharon Cohen (1905-1961). Born in a small village near Kovno, Lithuania, his father, Rav Avraham Mordechai HaCohen, was a rebbe of small children, and his grandfather, Rav Yosef HaCohen, was known as the Masmid of Eishishok. When Germany conquered Lithuania, his family moved to the Ukarine and Rav Aaron learned at Lomza. After the war, he returned to Kovna and learned at Slabodka. In 1925, he joined the first group of talmidim sent by the Alter of Slabodka to Chevron. The Rosh Yeshiva at Chevron, Rav Moshe Mordechai Epstein, took him as a son-in-law. He served as Rosh Mesivta for 30 years. Childless themselves, his rebbetzen and he raised several orphans. His monumental work was called Beis Aaron.
Rav Moshe Leib Shapiro, author of Taba’os Hachoshen (1972)