Trump Calls Ford Mexico Plant ‘Absolute Disgrace’


As reported earlier on Matzav, Ford on Tuesday announced that it will be adding a new assembly plant in Mexico.

The Detroit automaker said it will invest $1.6 billion into the facility and create 2,800 jobs by 2020, with construction expected to begin this summer.

Ford’s expansion in Mexico has been expected for months, causing Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump to repeatedly hammer the automaker, CNBC reports.

“This transaction is an absolute disgrace. Our dishonest politicians and the special interests that control them are laughing in the face of all American citizens,” said Trump in a statement released after Ford’s announcement on Tuesday.

“When I am president, we will strongly enforce trade rules against unfair foreign subsidies, and impose countervailing duties to prevent egregious instances of outsourcing.” Read more at CNBC.