Urgent Campaign Launched for Security and Jewish Sovereignty of Har Hazeisim

8

har-hazeisimWith news that rock throwing and desecration of graves continue, albeit at a much lower level than previously, an urgent campaign to “once and for all secure Har Hazeisim,” was launched by the International Committee for the Preservation of Har Hazeisim. “No Jew should fear to visit Har Hazeisim, the oldest and holiest cemetery and mountain,” said Avrohom Lubinsky, Chairman of the ICPHH. He added: “We’re miraculously very close to recapturing Har Hazeisim; the time has come to close the deal!” he said.

Mr. Lubinsky said that the ICPHH was launching an urgent campaign to raise $35,000 to defray the cost of an intensive lobbying and public relations effort in Israel. He added that he was hoping that the Knesset’s Interior Committee would meet soon to learn the plans for permanently securing Har Hazeisim from Yitzchak Aharanovich, Minister of Internal Security and other high ranking government officials. MK Regev has indicated that she has summoned Mr. Abramovich for such a hearing.

Since its founding in 2010, the Committee has managed to persuade the Israeli government to install 142 surveillance cameras, to establish a new police substation, to restore 20,000 destroyed graves, to construct new fencing, and to arrange for regular sanitation and garbage removal from the previously garbage strewn cemetery. Despite these improvements, stone throwing at visitors continues and graves are still being desecrated. Jewish sovereignty over the area is being questioned and challenged by Arabs and other world entities despite its 3000-yaer history and the burial site of more than 150,000 Jews, dating back to the era of the Nevi’im.

Mr. Lubinsky noted: “We have a historic opportunity to “recapture” Har Hazeisim — to assert Jewish sovereignty and to stem the tide of Arab expansionism. Only Har Hazeisim stops their expansion which already includes 50,000 Illegal homes, and would create a chokehold on Yerushalayim.”

Amongst the Committee’s plans for the future are to force a more robust permanent security apparatus, install additional cameras on the access roads, protect the periphery of Har Hazeisim, and construct a Visitor’s Center and shul.

{Matzav.com Newscenter}

8 COMMENTS

  1. The secular Zionists have no feelings for Har Hazeisim.For them it’s just another piece of east Jerusalem to negotiate over!

  2. What an awesome kiddush H’ Mr. Lubinsky is trying to accomplish. May he blessed with much hatzlachah for this great and holy undertaking. This is where a wealthy Jewish philantropist would get a tremendous mitzvah by donating the money needed. 65 years of so-called Jewish sovereignty and such a holy site is in such disrepair – what a chilul H’.

  3. What an awesome kiddush H’ Mr. Lubinsky is trying to accomplish. May he blessed with much hatzlachah for this great and holy undertaking. This is where a wealthy Jewish philantropist would get a tremendous mitzvah by donating the money needed. 65 years of so-called Jewish sovereignty and such a holy site is in such disrepair – what a chilul H’.

  4. on sunday may 11 2014 10AM a breakfast meeting in rabbi Moshe tuvia Lieff’s home 2423 Avenue & bedford avenue brooklyn new york will be held come to the breakfast to secure har hazeitim for the future of yerushalyim please spread this info it should be a standing room only breakfast for har hazeitim and klal yisroel

  5. Har Hazerim is not our “donation point”. We need our futures to continue as Jews, but our consideration for the lax ways of the anti-jewish arab are not to fix their problem with changing relocation of limited lessons. It will be changing hands when Hashem determines. And if it is time for more police and more action, it might be that time. B’H

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here