Another Miracle – Man Found in Haiti Rubble After 12 Days


haiti11 A man trapped by the Haiti earthquake for 12 days has been pulled alive from the rubble by US troops.┬áThe 31-year-old man, who emerged covered in dust with facial injuries and a broken leg,┬ásurvived on small amounts of water and was said to be amazingly well considering his ordeal – the longest of any Haiti quake survivor so far.

The man had not been buried by the 7.0-magnitude quake that struck on January 12 but two days later, perhaps by one of the massive aftershocks that were common in the aftermath of the disaster.

“He was buried in the rubble for 12 days. The man had a broken leg and severe dehydration,” said a statement from the US military who found the man in a collapsed Port-au-Prince building, on the aptly-named Rue de Miracles.

“He did not have enough strength… any to scream anymore, but when he heard the Haitians going through the rubble, he was able to make a cry that would be recognized that he was still alive,” a doctor told reporters.

“They immediately immobilized the Americans who were nearby with the heavy machinery and they got him out. They got him to the hospital.

“He’s been drinking water over these days, and he just ran out this morning.”

Haiti has been hit by at least 50 tremors since the original quake.

Some 133 people have been pulled alive from the ruins in Port-au-Prince since the quake, which killed an estimated 150,000 people, but hope is evaporating that any more will be found.

{Sky News/Noam Newscenter}