Ya’alon: I’ve Seen Plenty of Edited Videos


moshe-boogie-yaalonDefense Minister Moshe Ya’alon on Tuesday evening dismissed the footage that was uploaded to the internet and which purports to showsecurity camera footage of the IDF shooting two Arab youths, in an incident that took place last Thursday, on “Nakba Day”.

“I’ve seen plenty of edited videos,” Ya’alon said during a visit to Haifa, when asked of the video posted by Palestinian Arabs and radical leftists earlier in the day. “I have yet to see this particular video, but I know the method very well.”

He added that last week’s incident was “a violent incident of Palestinian demonstrators throwing rocks and firebombs at Border Police officers. As it was a life-threatening situation, the officers acted accordingly.”

Earlier Tuesday, the IDF said that the video was heavily edited in order to give a false picture of what really took place.

“On Thursday, a violent and illegal disturbance took place at Bitunia,” it insisted. “The video is edited in a tendentious manner and does not reflect the violence of the riot.”

“An initial conversation with the forces that operated on the scene of the disturbance indicates no firing of live bullets. However, the Military Prosecution has given instructions for launching an investigation by Investigative Military Police.”

Nevertheless, the video was enough for both the United Nations and the United States to call on Israel to probe the incident.

Read more at Arutz Sheva.

{Matzav.com Newscenter}