1 Million People Gather in New York for Giants Canyon of Heroes Parade

>>Follow Matzav On Whatsapp!<<

giants-paradeNew York – The New York Giants took the Super Bowl trophy on a parade up the “Canyon of Heroes” in lower Manhattan today and received the keys to New York City as part of today’s two-state celebration of their second National Football League championship in five years.

As many as 1 million spectators attended the ticker-tape parade hosted by the city, according to Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s office. Giants co-owner John Mara called it “an experience none of us will ever forget.”

The team then traveled to MetLife Stadium, its home field in East Rutherford, New Jersey, to celebrate its 21-17 Super Bowl win against the New England Patriots. The Giants also beat the Patriots to win the Super Bowl following the 2007 season.

The parade began at 11 a.m. New York time, with a procession of floats and vehicles escorted by flag-bearers, bagpipers, bands, dancers and New York Police Department officers on foot and horseback.

Quarterback Eli Manning, the Super Bowl Most Valuable Player, hoisted the Lombardi championship trophy while riding on a float with defensive lineman Justin Tuck, General Manager Jerry Reese, coach Tom Coughlin, Governor Andrew Cuomo, Bloomberg and members of the Tisch and Mara families, co-owners of the Giants.

As confetti rained down, the parade crept up the mile-long Canyon of Heroes, where Charles Lindbergh, Dwight D. Eisenhower and the Apollo moon astronauts were feted in years past, as were the New York Yankees’ World Series champions. The Giants also celebrated their previous title in the Canyon of Heroes five seasons ago, when 36 1/2 tons of confetti showered down from windows in buildings along the route.

Bloomberg said the parade may have brought as much as $19 million to $38 million to the city’s economy.

{Business Week/Matzavc.com Newscenter}


  1. “…the parade crept up the mile-long Canyon of Heroes…”

    How pathetic! A million people call the men who bone-crunchingly fight over a leather ball “HEROES.” What a mindless dishonor to the memory of the hundreds of firefighters, policemen and other first-responders who, on 9/11, gave their “last measure of devotion” on a site very near to the lower Manhattan route of this parade. Football players “heroes?” How truly pathetic.

  2. It’s clear that the bachurim that run Matzav, are Giant fans. That’s fine. But why absses about this whole super bowl nonsense? I mean genuck shoin with this garbage!

  3. Why aren’t the Occupy wall Street people there protesting these football players who make a salary of a few million dollars a year? Aren’t they the greedy 1% who make excessive salaries? Shouldn’t they give back their money to the rest of the 99%?

  4. Ladies, chill out. Please. You sound ridiculous.
    The Giants kept their emunah pshuta and bitachon and came from behind in the seasonto gain a playoff berth. Ultimately they slew the great baal gaiva, the hated patriots, who deserved to be brought low. Baruch Hashem, the mashpil gaiim!
    If I view it like this, now is it ok?


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here