The rocket barrage from Gaza into Israeli territory continued into the morning Tuesday, i24 News reports. The Hamas terror group vowed that the 400 launches so far would be “just the beginning” if Israel continued its “aggression,” referring to Israeli retaliatory strikes in the Strip.
Overnight Tuesday there was a brief lull in the rocket siren warnings that rang out continuously in Israel’s southern communities since the beginning of the fusillade around 5:00 PM on Monday.
After several hours of quiet, rocket sirens began to sound again in the early hours of the morning in the Israeli city of Ashkelon and Gaza’s border communities.
Israel has been conducting airstrikes targeting “terror targets” throughout Gaza in response to the launches that have left numerous Israelis injured and one man dead in Ashkelon.
Israel said that it had struck 50 targets in Gaza overnight, adding that the IDF strikes were still ongoing. Four Palestinians have been killed in the retaliatory strikes.
Since Monday, the IDF says more than 400 launches have been identified from Gaza, with the Iron Dome intercepting approximately 100 rockets thus far.
Hamas’ military wing said that the rocket fire on Ashkelon was “just the beginning” and “a million Zionists” will be in the way of Gaza missiles if Israel continues “its aggression.”
Hamas vowed Tuesday to launch missiles at the southern cities of Ashkelon and Beersheva unless Israel ceased bombing the Gaza Strip.
Israel has responded to Hamas’ rockets with air strikes “throughout the Gaza Strip” that hit over 150 military targets belonging to Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, killing four Palestinians and injuring at least 15, according to the Gaza health ministry.