Brennan Threatens To Take Trump To Court Over Security Clearances

6

Former CIA director John Brennan said Sunday that he is willing to take President Donald Trump to court to prevent other current and former officials from having their security clearances revoked, escalating a battle over whether the president is misusing the power of his office to retaliate against opponents.

“I am going to do whatever I can personally to try to prevent these abuses in the future, and if it means going to court, I will do that,” Brennan said in an appearance on NBC News’ “Meet the Press.”

Brennan, who is among Trump’s most outspoken critics, had his security clearance abruptly revoked by the White House last week. Since then, Brennan said Sunday, a number of lawyers have gotten in touch with him and offered advice on pursuing a possible injunction to prevent Trump from taking similar actions in the future.

“If my clearances – and my reputation, as I’m being pulled through the mud now – if that’s the price we’re going to pay to prevent Donald Trump from doing this against other people, to me, it’s a small price to pay,” Brennan said.

He did not immediately elaborate on what such a legal move would look like.

 (c) 2018, The Washington Post · Felicia Sonmez, Carol Morello 

{Matzav.com}

6 COMMENTS

  1. I would like to know what he needs his security clearance for? And the same goes for all these Obama officials including Obama himself

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here