Family Celebrating Upsherin in Meron Injured in Fire


fireAn upsherin celebration in Meron yesterday turned scary after a trailer caught fire, injuring a family of 13. The family had traveled to Meron to celebrate the upsherin of their son near the kever of Rav Shimon bar Yochai.

Two members of the family were evacuated by helicopter to a hospital, while nine others, including six children and a two-year-old infant suffered from burns and were taken to the emergency room at Ziv Hospital in Tzefas.

The fire, officials said, began from candles lit near the kever.

The Tzefas fire station crew took control of the fire and helped evacuate the wounded.

Following heat waves throughout the country, firefighting forces have been on standby with firefighting planes due to brush fires and the like.

{Yair Israel}


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here