Fourth Suspect Arrested in the Murder of Reb Menachem Stark Hy”d

>>Follow Matzav On Whatsapp!<<

A fourth suspect believed to have been involved in the kidnapping and murder of Reb Menachem Stark H”yd of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, was arrested by the New York City Police Department this morning.

Irvine Henry will be arraigned today at Kings County Criminal Court for the January 2014 murder along with two other suspects, brothers Erskin Felix and Kendall Felix, who were arrested two months ago and will face additional charges.

Back in September, Kendel Felix was found guilty at the Brooklyn State Supreme Court for the brutal murder. He was acquitted of attempted robbery.

Felix, 29, faces 25 years of prison to life behind bars for each count in the murder.

Reb Menachem Stark was 39 years old.

According to a police investigation, Reb Menachem was approached and accosted on the street by Erskin Felix and his cousin, Kendel Felix, as he left his office located at 331 Rutledge Street, in Williamsburg, on January 2, 2014 at approximately 11:30 p.m. After an extended physical struggle with those individuals, Reb Menachem was forced into a waiting vehicle and abducted from the location.

On January 3, 2014 at approximately 4 p.m., approximately 17 hours after the kidnapping, Reb Menachem’s body, which had been partially burned, was discovered by a Nassau County police officer in a garbage dumpster at a gas station located in Great Neck, Long Island.

According to the investigation, Erskin Felix knew Reb Menachem and did construction work for him. He allegedly enlisted his cousin, Kendel Felix, to help kidnap Reb Menachem in an effort to extort money from him. During the course of the kidnapping, however, Reb Menachem resisted and was asphyxiated when one of the kidnappers sat on his chest.

It is further believed that Kendel and Erskin then picked up his brother, Kendall, to enlist his aid in getting rid of the body. They drove to Rutledge Street, but when Erskin got out of the vehicle, he saw the area was flooded with police. He then directed Kendel and Kendall to go elsewhere to dispose of the body. They then drove out to Nassau County, threw the body in a dumpster and set it on fire.

The Nassau County Medical Examiner’s Office conducted an autopsy on Stark and determined the cause of death to be asphyxia by compression of the neck and chest.

May a nechamah be brought to Reb Menachem’s kin and many friends, though the void left by his passing remains a gaping one for those to whom Reb Menachem meant so much.

Yehi zichro boruch.


  1. It’s amazing that just caught this guy now? It took 2 years?! How do they know that he is thee final suspect?
    This “investigation” has been conducted like it’s being done by 3rd graders for a school project! Who is profiting from this case?

  2. Chaim Baruch, it is obvious that you have not been following the case – except reading a brief article here or there – and have little knowledge of legal matters.

    If you had been following the case, you’d know the answers to these questions.

    There are beleived to have been four people in the car that was used in the kidnapping. The police cannot arrest the people involved until the prosecutors have built a strong enough case to get an indictment from a grand jury. Building a case requires many things, including the possible cooperation of certain people involved.

    The DA’s office’s Homicide Bureau has actually done a terrific job in this case. It is not unusual for it to take several years for a murder case to get to trial. Our legal system requires a very high burden of proof on the prosecution, and the responsible prosecutor brings a case until he believes that a jury can convict beyond a reasonable doubt. Everyone following the case has been impressed by the prosecution, and nobody phone the case would make comments like you just did.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here