Rebbe’s Beard Gets Burnt at Biur Chometz

>>Follow Matzav On Whatsapp!<<

The Mevakshei Emunah Rebbe, Rav Yosef Yoel Kahn, was treated by medical personnel after his beard inadvertently got burnt today during biur chometz in Meah Shearim.

According to sources, a young boy who was present poured flammable material into the fire, which then shot up and caught the rebbe‘s face. Part of his beard and one his peyos got burned in the process.

Two Ichud Hatzalah paramedics were called to the scene and provided the rebbe with medical care.

The rebbe preferred to avoid going to the hospital and was treated with some ointments. He then returned home and went to bake matzah after chatzos as is his custom.

{ Israel}


  1. Now imagine the weight on that child’s shoulders for the foreseeable future.
    I know the likelihood of that boy’s parents reading this are slim, but please find somebody for him to talk to.
    Even if it’s not a licensed therapist, at least it should be a pikaeach (not sure how to transliterate it, but pea-Kay-ach) who can help him come to terms

  2. The rebbe preferred to avoid going to the hospital because the wicked supreme court insists on not removing all חמץ from hospitals


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here