Tel Aviv Toddler Dies After Choking On Hot Dog

2

A 3-year-old girl died on Wednesday after choking on a hot dog. The toddler, who died in a hospital, was at her grandparents’ Tel Aviv home at the time of the incident.

According to John Hopkins Medicine, food accounts for over half of airway obstructions, and hot dogs should not be given to children who are less than four years of age, and hot dogs are the food children most commonly choke on. Pediatricians therefore recommend adults “mince or thinly slice” hot dogs before allowing young children to eat them.

The Israeli Beterem – Safe Kids Israel organization recommends slicing hot dogs lengthwise – not in “rings” – before giving hot dogs to children and ensuring that children eat hot dogs only while sitting down.

Read more at Arutz Sheva.

{Matzav.com}

2 COMMENTS

Leave a Reply to Bubby 1 Cancel reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here