-Nadav and Avihu, sons of Ahron HaKohen-Rav Rachumai, Tanna
-R’ Shmuel Kellin of Boskowitz, wrote Machtzis Hashekel on Magen Avrohom
-R’ Moshe Yosef Hoffman, Dayan in Pupa
-R’ Elimelech ben R’ Chaim Meir Yechiel of Grodzensk, wrote Divrei Elimelech and Imrei Elimelech. Father of the Piazeczna Rebbe HY”D( Aish Kodesh, Chovas Hatalmidim)
Today in History – 1 Nissan
· The Mishkan was erected on this day. Moshe completed the consecration rites of Aharon and his sons, Aharon performed the first avodas Hamishkan, and 8 parshiyos from the Torah were given on this day, 1098 BCE. (Gittin 60) or 1311 BCE.
· King Chizkiyahu carried out a new consecration of the Bais Hamikdosh, c.550 BCE.
· Cyrus was crowned “King of Bavel”, 373 B.C.E, leading to the restoration of a new Jewish autonomy in Eretz Yisrael and the rebuilding of the Beis Hamikdash. Ezra, the leader of the fledgling Jewish community and his followers, left Bavel on the anniversary of Cyrus’ coronation.
· Yechezkel receives the prophecy that the Persian empire would soon overtake Bavel (29:17-21), c. 370
· Ezra and his followers left Bavel for Yerushalayim, c.360 BCE
· The plot of Bigsan and Seresh to assassinate Achashverosh was discovered by Mordechai, c. 355 BCE.
· The second Bais Hamikdash was dedicated (Ezra 6:15-18) and special karbanos were brought as during the Chanukas HaMishkan, 352 BCE.
· The Pope authorized the printing of the Talmud in Mantua on condition that the word Talmud be omitted 1564
· Germany invaded Norway and Denmark, 1940.