The White House said Saturday that President Trump was briefed on the false emergency alert that went out in Hawaii warning of an incoming ballistic missile threat.
Individuals in Hawaii received a mobile alert earlier in the day, reading “BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.” It took over 30 minutes before a notification was sent out to inform citizens that the message was a false alarm.
“The President has been briefed on the state of Hawaii’s emergency management exercise. This was purely a state exercise,” White House deputy press secretary Lindsay Walters said in a statement.
Read more at The Hill.