The following email is Joint Message #2 from: Hatzalah, JCCRP, Villages of Lawrence and Cedarhurst, NYPD, NCPD, RNSP, Scott M. Stringer NYC Comptroller’s Office, Phil Goldfeder’s Office, Joe Addabbo’s Office, Donovan Richard’s Office, Todd Kaminsky’s Office, Chaverim and Achiezer.
We have all been monitoring the storm updates as closely as possible. Please read the following bullets that we felt necessary to disseminate at this time:
- The roads have been and continue to get more slippery and slick by the hour. Try to head to your homes as soon as you possibly can.
- As of 11pm tonight, all NYC roads and Nassau County roads are CLOSED to all vehicles. Only emergency vehicles will be allowed to travel the streets. If for some emergent reason you need to go out, please contact Hatzalah, Achiezer, or any of the aforementioned organizations.
- As of now we have not been made aware of any power outages. If you do have an outage (NYC and Nassau County) please call PSEG Customer Service at 1-800-490-0075 to report it immediately.
- We continue to get requests from the Police Departments, Hatzalah and local authorities asking anyone that can to please move their cars off the streets and into driveways and parking lots. Again, this is critical to allow for emergency vehicles to reach those that need them.
- As mentioned earlier, if there is an elderly or vulnerable loved one that you feel needs attention, please make sure to reach out immediately.
- Be advised that every single community organization is linked together minute by minute and will continue to provide any and all pertinent updates.
- If you must use a space heater, place it on a level, hard and nonflammable surface (such as ceramic tile floor), not on rugs or carpets or near bedding or drapes. Keep children away from space heaters.
- Please see listing of important phone numbers below:
- Hatzalah: 718-230-1000 – Medical and life threatening emergencies
- Achiezer: 516-791-4444 – Non-emergent medical and pressing needs
- Chaverim: 718-337-1800 – Roadside assistance
- JCCRP: 718-327-7755 – Emergency food assistance-will be accessible. Social Workers will be dispatched to the White Shul and the YIWB.
- RNSP: 917-727-7306 – Safety Patrol
- Senator Addabbo’s Office: 718-318-0702
- Assemblyman Goldfeder’s Office: 718-945-9550 – NYC.
- Councilman Donovan Richards Office: 718-471-7014 – Rockaways.
- Assemblyman Kaminsky’s Office: 516-431-0500 – Nassau County.
- Councilman Anthony J. Santino : 516-812-3200 – Town of Hempstead
- If you are unsure what type of help is needed, or are not sure where to direct your emergency, you may call Achiezer 24 hours a day, at 516-791-4444, who will triage and direct it to the appropriate resource.
Stay safe and stay warm.