If you are leaving home for the Yom Tov please be sure to:
1. Leave lights on in your home – preferably on a timer. Most burglars look for a darkened residence to enter since this tells them that everyone is asleep or that the home is not occupied.
2. Lock all of your windows. Most burglars make entry through unlocked windows.
3. Lock all the doors to your house as well as your car doors.
4. Do not leave valuables in plain sight either in your vehicle or in your home.
5. Do not allow newspapers or mail to accumulate. Have a neighbor collect them for you or put a temporary stop on the deliveries.
6. Leave a contact number with a neighbor in case of an emergency.
7. Don’t leave any Chametz out in the open !
If you are staying home for the Yom Tov:
Please insure that all your doors and windows are locked every night, especially if you have had anyone in the house such as a cleaning person or even a repairman.
Please keep an eye on your neighborhood and report any suspicious activity to the Police Department 732-363-0200 as soon as possible. If you are unable to use the phone, flag down a passing police car as there will be extra officers on duty patrolling the frum communities and around the Shuls.
Wishing everyone a Chag Kasher V’semeach.
Mayor, Menashe Miller
Committeeman Meir Lichtenstein, Police Liaison
Rob Lawson, Chief of Police