Not an Urban Myth: Man Electrocuted on NYC Subway

9

subwayThe moral of this story: don’t relieve yourself on the tracks of the New York subway system.

Thirty-year-old Matthew Zeno, who was out drinking with a friend, was electrocuted around 3 a.m. this morning when he stopped to relieve himself on the third rail of the G train at a station in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. A friend of Zeno’s tried to save him but also got shocked. Both men were rushed to Woodhull Hospital, where Zeno died. The friend survived and was listed in stable condition. Read more at New York Post.

And before you slam Matzav for reporting this and saying that it doesn’t “pass,” note that it might just save someone’s life.

{Andy Heller-Matzav.com Newscenter}

9 COMMENTS

  1. 600 volts DC from the rail going through about 45 ohms of urine equals 13 amps of current.

    That’s 8 kilowatts of electrical power delivered to the body.

    Don’t try this at home, kids.

  2. I would like to think no one who reads Matzav would find himself in that situation, so it’s hard to imagine this story saving anyone’s life.

  3. “And before you slam Matzav for reporting this and saying that it doesn’t “pass,” note that it might just save someone’s life.”

    Many of my friends do this all the time. It’s very common among young guys.

  4. On a totally different note, the word is “it doesn’t PAST”. Lately everyone who never knew Yiddish uses Yiddish incorrectly and this is the most common mistake. I hope, Matzav, that you were only making fun of this mistake when you wrote that it doeesn’t “Pass”. However, Matzav, it really doesn’t PAST to post this!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here