Sifrei Torah Burned at Vizhnitz Shul in Bnei Brak


sifrei-torah-burned-bnei-brak[Videos below.] A fire broke out Thursday evening, the first night of Chol Hamoed in Eretz Yisroel, at the Vizhnitz Shul on Rechov Toras Yisroel in Bnei Brak during davening. Fire crews evacuated the mispallelim safely but several Sifrei Torah were consumed in the fire.

Moshe Veitzman, a rescue volunteer, told Arutz Sheva service that three people were lightly hurt and evacuated to hospitals. The mispallelim tried to save the burning Sifrei Torah from the aron kodesh, but were only able to save three of the Sifrei Torah that were housed there.

The current assessment is that the fire was caused by a malfunction in the electric fan inside the aron kodesh.

Click below for videos:

Video 1:

[media id=972 width=400 height=300]

Video 2:

[media id=973 width=400 height=300]

{Arutz Shevah contributed to this report/Yair}


  1. Rachmonoh L’ztlan

    When are we going to teach Yidden how to behave
    Listen to tape #2
    You hear repeatedly “Guy Aveck Fin Doo ”Guy Avek Fin Doo
    Nosey People getting in the way, How many Sifrei Torah Could have been saved if they would have just stayed home and let the right people do their job


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here