Mom Falls Asleep While Baby Plays with Phone. When She Wakes Up She Finds Every Parent’s Worst Nightmare

10

Sara Vallone reports for IJR:

There are plenty of parents in this day and age who hand their phone over to their child in order to keep them occupied.

According to The Stir, a mom, who has not been identified, let her child play with her iPhone that was plugged in and charging. Unfortunately, the mom fell asleep and woke up to a nightmare.

As Kidspot reports, when the mom woke up from her nap, she was immediately suspicious as to why her little girl was so quiet, but it took her a few seconds to realize that her baby was no longer breathing and had no pulse.

Despite wrapping her baby girl up in a blanket and rushing to the hospital for help, there was nothing doctors could do to save the little girl.

According to The Mirror, the little girl ended up getting ahold of the charging cord and allegedly gnawed on the cord until the wires were exposed. She was then electrocuted.

The most frightening thing about this tragedy is “how easily it could happen to any child.”

The Stir points out: “It’s not uncommon for parents to take a catnap from time to time. It’s also not uncommon for moms and dads to charge their cell phones.”

Above is a photograph of the cosmetic injuries the little girl suffered as a result of the electrocution.

The tragic incident attracted global attention when a member of the nursing staff at the hospital took a photo of the horrific burns on the tiny baby’s body, and later posted it online.

The picture was taken by a nurse at the hospital where the child was pronounced dead. The nurse took the photo in hopes that it will remind parents to be extremely cautious about leaving their children near outlets, charging cables, and extension cords.

As Safebee reports, two thirds of electrical burn injuries happen to children under the age of 12.

{Matzav.com}

10 COMMENTS

  1. I’m highly skeptical of this story. The voltage and amperage output by an iPhone’s charger is miniscule and highly unlikely to harm a human – even an infant. It still is a terrible idea to give a baby a charging phone to play with because the wire is a real strangulation hazard, but the electric current should be harmless (unless there’s something seriously wrong with the charger’s electronics).

  2. Terrible!!!Parents also need to be aware also to pay attention
    about giving babies pacifiers with fancy strings made up of
    BEADS THAT BABIES CAN EASILY CHEW ON!

    • assuming this story is true,
      1. Why sue apple? How is it their fault? Because their phones need charging? Or maybe its their fault electricity is dangerous?
      2. Apple is not crooked. It is a completely legitimate company. They sell quality products for the highest prices they think people are willing to pay. Its called the free market.
      3. How was steve jobs evil?
      Other than that, it was a well thought out comment.

  3. Tks Matzav for this relaxing news story specific to our community for me to wind down after a day at work. Thanks for sparing me having to read yahoo news.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here