
The IDF has eliminated a Hamas terrorist who participated in the October 7 massacre, was involved in holding numerous Israeli hostages in Gaza, and later took part in their transfer to the Red Cross during the November 2023 hostage releases.
The terrorist, Sabhi Sami Mahmoud Shahatut, was killed Wednesday in an IDF strike in the Nuseirat area of central Gaza. Shahatut served as a platoon commander in Hamas’ military wing.
According to the IDF, Shahatut infiltrated Israeli territory during the Hamas-led massacre on October 7 and subsequently played a role in holding multiple hostages in Hamas captivity throughout the war.
Shahatut was also directly involved in the November 2023 hostage releases conducted as part of Operation “Heaven’s Doors.” He participated in Hamas’ staged handover ceremonies and was documented transferring returning Israeli hostages into the custody of the International Committee of the Red Cross.
The IDF said that more recently, Shahatut had been working to advance terrorist attacks against both Israeli troops and civilians.
The military said he was therefore targeted and eliminated in order to remove the threat he posed.
IDF Southern Command forces remain deployed throughout the area in accordance with the existing agreement and will continue operating against any immediate threats to Israeli forces and civilians, the military said.
{Matzav.com}



